Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DAY 16 - THANKFULNESS

In a country where, for the most part, there is plenty, I find that I take a lot of "things" for granted. The ability to speak; to share my thoughts and opinions verbally, this is one of those "things".

I watched a special on TV about Gabby Gifford and her amazing struggle as she learns to talk again. The incredible love and support from her husband and her determination to "keep on keeping on."

Today I am thankful for my health...my abilities....my speech.. I can talk without a struggle; I can express myself (most of the time) with words that make sense... To some, no, make that "many", that may not seem to be much to be thankful for. To those folks may I simply say that you need to slow down...take a deep breathe and thank God...

Thank You Lord for allowing me to stay healthy and to be able to "talk"....

No comments:

Post a Comment